How to permanently save changes to packing slip template

loggerjack
Contributor
Contributor

I've changed my logo so I've edited the packing slip but I can't make the changes permanent. What am I doing wrong?

I open a recent transaction

I click on "packing slip"

I click on "edit"

I change the logo and click "save"

The logo is changed on the packing slip and I can print it OK.

But when I process the next transaction, the old logo is once again displayed on the packing slip. How can I permanently save the changes?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @loggerjack,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please make sure to click on "Save the above settings as my Packing Slip preferences".

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @loggerjack,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please make sure to click on "Save the above settings as my Packing Slip preferences".

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

loggerjack
Contributor
Contributor

D'ohhh! I missed the obvious. The checkbox was right next to the Save button but I didn't see it.

Thanks for your help.

Problem solved.

Login to Me Too

wreckah
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked the mentioned check box each and every time.  That does not save the logo.  Let's find the solution and share it for real.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

wreckah
Contributor
Contributor

There are multiple comments about this problem which started around Q4 of 2019.  Please fix the problem.  Even though when I save the logo when I am printing a packing slip, the next time I want to print a packing slip the logo has not been saved.  This was not a problem in the past but last fall or winter, something changed in the system, requiring me to download our logo with each printing of a packing slip.  Since there are multiple citations in the community for this problem, please fix this.  It is not a difficult fix (speaking as a 50+ year programmer so I know).

Login to Me Too

loggerjack
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Wreckah, are you sure  you have clicked the checkbox above the 'save' button? For some reason it is easy to miss. This definitely solved the problem for me.

PP_checkbox.jpg

Login to Me Too

wreckah
Contributor
Contributor

Loggerjack - thank you for your reply.  I have done as you suggested and checked that box each and every time before I click the save button.  I even went back 3 more times today and tried it over and over again.  It does not save the logo.  That is why, as a software experienced person, I have suggested that PayPal fix this problem.  What confuses me is how it works for you and it has not worked for me dozens of times over the past 6 months or longer.  It used to work fine for years.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Login to Me Too

ecoorders

So frustrating, Please send me to someone who can fix this problem

I thought it might have been the logo was too large so a scaled it down.  Didnt help. 

Sheri

Login to Me Too

wreckah
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have tried your suggestion many dozens of times for many, many months.  It does not work.  The logo had been in the system for many, many years with thousands of packing slips printed.  Then it disappeared.  I have downloaded the logo, checked the box, and clicked Save.  Nothing works.  So, I have to upload the logo each and every time we want to print a packing slip.  Obnoxious.  This is not a difficult programming fix.  Please do it PayPal.  Don't leave it up to the community to tell people to do the obvious and the obvious does not work.  Please just fix the bug that was incorporated in the system a bit over a year ago.

wreckah_0-1604378856072.png

See, the logo is now there.  I checked the box.  Then, I click Save.  It is not saved.  I just checked.  It is not saved.

Login to Me Too

wreckah
Contributor
Contributor

Many people have suggested that solution but since it does not work (I have tried it each an every time I have printed a packing slip for a year).  So, does anyone have a solution for what used to work a year ago and for many years previously but does not work now?  I even clicked the box:  "Update these settings as my packing slip preferences" and then clicked "Save".  When you done something dozens and dozens of times and it does not work, something is wrong.  I just tried it again and it does not work.

I have printed packing slips for each CD sale we have done for nearly 2 decades and that count is in the thousands.  It always used to work.  It has not for a year.

I would be interested to find out if other customers of PayPal can make it work by clicking Remove or Change Logo, uploading a new logo in the required file formats of the appropriate size, clicking the box, and then clicking save.  Then, I am curious if those customers have been using this feature for many years without any difficulty and if about a year ago, the logo that had been saved disappeared and now they can load their logo using these steps.  Or, are there other customers who have had the difficulty we have been having?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.