How to Get Shipping Refund for Australian Mail Service Suspension?

tritrophy
Contributor
Contributor

October 1, 2021 USPS Suspended Mail Service to Australia.

I have already received a returned package with attached Tag: Return to Sender Mail Service Suspended, Request a Postage Refund.

On USPS.com instructions say to apply to PayPal where postage was purchased.

How do I make the refund request on PayPal for this unused postage?

Thank you, Tritrophy

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

marlinespike
Contributor
Contributor

Same question and issue for me. I purchased a International Priority label through PayPal and the package was returned. The USPS website sends people to PayPal but I phoned PayPal help and the rep said there was no way for PayPal to refund the postage. 

Login to Me Too

tritrophy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi:

I was told by PayPal Rep (Chatted) to open a "Item Not Received" CASE and did so.

The Rep told me this is what USPS asked and was the closest fit using PayPal's existing processes.

Because the postage had been "used" simply voided the label would not work.

I opened my case and have not escalated it for PayPal to take action, again it was recommended to not escalate unless USPS did not respond in reasonable (not defined) time.

I did leave in comments the Tracking Number and other pertinent information to help USPS and PayPal connect the transaction to Australia Suspension of Service.

Tritrophy

Login to Me Too

Ronninja1
Contributor
Contributor

@tritrophy So what happened? Did you get a refund for the postage?

Login to Me Too

tritrophy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the process described worked, though slowly.  After a few days we did escalate the case and waited for the clock to run out.  It was not apparent that USPS had or had not responded with the refund, and it is likely PayPal made the refund on their behalf as USPS had not responded in a timely manner.  Either way, or postage to Australia was refunded. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.