How much is the fee when receiving money from Australia to Philippines?

dochowser
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know if how can I make the fees lower when receiving money from Australia to the Philippines since my client says the fees should not be that high.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dochowser 

Merchant fees chart:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

You can invoice in PHP so you only pay commercial transaction fees to receive international  payments. Buyer pays for currency conversion fees from AUD to PHP. I always invoice in my local country so both parties split the costs. The advantage the buyer has, they can choose who does the conversion at checkout, PayPal or their credit card, to get a better conversion rate.

If you invoice in AUD, you pay commercial transaction fee AND currency conversion fee from AUD to PHP upon receipt of payment or hold the AUD in a currency balance and convert it later between different currency balances or when withdrawing to bank.

4.40% + 0.30 AUD (receiving int’l commercial transactions)

3.0% (currency conversion fee on top of base exchange rate for any currency conversions that occur when receiving other payments (including PayPal Payouts), adding funds to your PayPal account, transferring funds to your bank/card account, and when transferring funds between your PayPal balances if held in different currencies.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dochowser 

Merchant fees chart:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

You can invoice in PHP so you only pay commercial transaction fees to receive international  payments. Buyer pays for currency conversion fees from AUD to PHP. I always invoice in my local country so both parties split the costs. The advantage the buyer has, they can choose who does the conversion at checkout, PayPal or their credit card, to get a better conversion rate.

If you invoice in AUD, you pay commercial transaction fee AND currency conversion fee from AUD to PHP upon receipt of payment or hold the AUD in a currency balance and convert it later between different currency balances or when withdrawing to bank.

4.40% + 0.30 AUD (receiving int’l commercial transactions)

3.0% (currency conversion fee on top of base exchange rate for any currency conversions that occur when receiving other payments (including PayPal Payouts), adding funds to your PayPal account, transferring funds to your bank/card account, and when transferring funds between your PayPal balances if held in different currencies.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dochowser
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mate, I'll inform my client bout this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.