How long will PayPal here card readers still work?

wf-treas
New Community Member

We have some PayPal Here readers (now discontinued). They still work. However I would like to know if there will be a termination date and when?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

JoshReynolds
New Community Member

I got an email today saying paypal here would stop working after April 2023.  Paypal here has been working great for me for years.  I don't want to get a new reader and a new app and all that.  It's BS.  I'm going to look into switching to Stripe or something.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @wf-treas and @JoshReynolds,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting here!

I understand that you're worried about PayPal Here ceasing.  After April 3, 2023, PayPal will no longer sell PayPal Here devices in the US, and existing PayPal Here devices and application will no longer work. At PayPal, we are always working to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. From time to time, as technology evolves, we update the products and services we support to take into account our broader global product portfolio. Not to worry! Alternatively, PayPal Zettle solutions are available in the US as comprehensive point-of-sale solutions for businesses. We encourage businesses to visit our website or contact us to explore how PayPal Zettle solutions may fit your needs. Full details on the pricing for PayPal Zettle can be found in this link.

I hope this information helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SoetebierArt
Contributor
Contributor

I received that same email. TOTAL BS!!! All I need is a mobile reader and a phone app to use it. NOT some bloated "solutions" that I didn't ask for and absolutely do not want or need. This is a MAJOR MISTAKE. 

I started my day calm and peaceful. Now, suddenly, I'm **bleep** off!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Philme
Contributor
Contributor
It's a better card reader for $29 right now it has tap to pay and works exactly the same with mobile app bro keep calm smoke on .
Login to Me Too

MOMMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Zettle not working the same. I have no problem with the card reader or the app itself.

The problem is Zettle does not include customer name with the transaction. I am a charitable org and tried using Zettle for a special event. It was not good. A painstaking process to "add a customer" in the moment you are doing the transaction at a live event where you're trying to collect payment from many people in a small period of time.

PayPal here used to detect and include the Cardholder Name in the transaction automatically and usually their email address would show up too because they probably used PayPal once upon a time with that card and it all connected and showed up without us having to enter all that extra info. 

Oh and then for all the effort put into entering Customer's info during the transaction - it was pointless. The customer info is not included in Zettle or Paypal transaction reports. 

Login to Me Too

Cleo53
Contributor
Contributor
Since the PayPal here card reader discontinued will it still work
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.