How do I find my PayPal Credit card number?

StormyBey
New Community Member

As listed above, I just got PayPal Credit and when you click where it shows the balance you have it has the typical blocked out 16-digit numbers that credit cards have with the last 4 digits shown, but I can't figure out where to find the rest of the numbers? Also, the whole thing is confusing. Is it like the MasterCard where you buy anything with it or not?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StormyBey

To use PayPal Credit, you will see the logo or option to use it when you checkout and choosing your payment method. PayPal Credit is a cardless virtual credit line. It may not be available for every purchase and so you may have to use another method linked to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-select-paypal-credit-as-my-payment-method-faq28...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StormyBey

To use PayPal Credit, you will see the logo or option to use it when you checkout and choosing your payment method. PayPal Credit is a cardless virtual credit line. It may not be available for every purchase and so you may have to use another method linked to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-select-paypal-credit-as-my-payment-method-faq28...

Login to Me Too

StormyBey
New Community Member

Oh, then I guess I'll just cancel it. It seems PayPal is purposely incoherent about what it does and doesn't do because I was under the impression it was like the MasterCard where you can purchase things from anywhere where MasterCard is accepted, but its just used for places that specifically take PayPal (which is few and far between)? No thanks. Thanks for the information. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StormyBey

Here are the card products you can get from PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-line-and-card-services

Login to Me Too

cell950
show me Paypal card number how to do???
Login to Me Too

jamilhold

The PayPal credit account number (which is your card number) is located on the statement. Click to view your statement and it is housed there along with your credit limit. 

Login to Me Too

Wik101
Contributor
Contributor
And the 3-digit security code?
Login to Me Too

bV5OZGUZyMQTZL7
Contributor
Contributor

@jamilhold 

Only shows last 4 digits

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @bV5OZGUZyMQTZL7 and everyone,

Thank you for your posts! Welcome and/or welcome back to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry that there's any confusion regarding a PayPal Credit account.

PayPal Credit is not used like a credit card. It can be engaged during payment through PayPal, and only through PayPal. It is not available for every transaction, but where it is, it would be listed as a potential payment method. PayPal Credit accounts have numbers that are used internally for purposes of linking to your PayPal account, but cannot be used like a credit card outside of PayPal and are typically only needed by PayPal staff. 

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

bV5OZGUZyMQTZL7
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t think this is right because credit reference agencies report it as a credit card. I’m attempting a balance transfer, will post the outcome.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.