How can my customer pay the fees?

JYWAS
Contributor
Contributor

I like to send an invoice to my customer. He shall pay as well the fees for the invoice, paypal is charging.

Can I setup that the fee is payed by the customer? or

Can I setup a an amount I shall receive, and the "rest" (fee) is charged by the customer?

Or is there a different way to charge my customer or let him pay than "invoice" ?

best regards

Jens, JYWAS

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Catballi
Contributor
Contributor
When creating the invoice there's an option to add a tax on an item -Add "PayPal Tax" to that item(s) and for all PayPal invoice transactions that's 3.49% -Where you can see the subtotal and total amounts there should be an option for "other amount"; add an amount and label PayPal Fixed Fee and enter 3.90 (for Norway or NOK the fixed Fee is kr3.90) [https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#fixed-fees-commercialtrans *for the chart locating all merchant fees for all countries*] ONLY DO THIS IF THE BUYER HAS AGREED TO PAYING THESE FEES; DO NOT APPLY TO ALL BUYERS WITHOUT CONSULTATION
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JYWAS,  and thank you to @Catballi for your reply. We always appreciate seeing the help that our customers and merchants can offer to each other!

I appreciate that you would like to pass the fee for receiving a payment on to your buyer. I regret that this would be considered a surcharge, which is not permitted, per the PayPal User Agreement. You can read the PayPal User Agreement by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this helps clarify things.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JYWAS
Contributor
Contributor

Its actually opposite:

I am the customer and shall pay the amount of $100. Because he has to pay the fee the amount of $100 will not arrive in his account.

So what can he do?

best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.