Haven't Recieved Friend Refferal Money

fakeforsure
Contributor
Contributor

Message originally sent in the Help Center, but I got a bad automated answer for it. Came here ASAP.

Hello PayPal! I recently sent a link to a friend as a friend referral, and my friend paid (sent) more than 5 dollars (exactly 15.01 USD) a few weeks ago, and we bove have not received our ten dollars. I am aware the rules said up to two weeks (in business hours), but it has been two weeks (and counting), but at this point, I am really unhappy. Was there something I was unaware of? Was it a PayPal error? Did I misread the Friend Referral Policies? Thank you in advance, best regards, @fakeforsure 👐.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fakeforsure 

What do you mean by your friend 'sent' 5 dollars, do you mean they spent online 5 dollars and used paypal as their funding source?

Also are you both in Canada?

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/invite/terms

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fakeforsure
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal gives you the option of sending money and requesting money. In order to gain the dollars, a referred friend has to send (pay) the money to someone else (like actually buy something using PayPal) for him and me to receive the money. The policies state it. And yes, we are both in Canada.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.