Hardship

smakar
New Community Member

Unfortunately I recently lost my job and can no longer make my payments while looking for a new job. I was wondering if it was possible to stop payments for a while under a hardship prg whikle I look for employment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smakar 

Payments on what? PayPal credit card or PayPal Credit?

Contact customer service for assistance to see if an arrangement can be made:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smakar 

Payments on what? PayPal credit card or PayPal Credit?

Contact customer service for assistance to see if an arrangement can be made:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Annaroberts1120
Contributor
Contributor
Hm.. who would have thought to contact the customer service help line? Marvelous idea. Anyway, I'm in the same boat. Lost my job the day after Christmas. I used all my savings to pay my minimum payment to PayPal Mastercard (and other credit cards) and now I have no funds, no job, no available credit on any other card, and can barely feed myself much less keep the lights and water on. So I called PayPal Mastercard and asked them about a program. I got transferred through 3 different depts, explained my situation over and over, was sympathized with over and over and then I was told without a iob/income/reliable cash flow there's nothing that they can do for me. My account "doesnt qualify at this time." So I keep job hunting, scraped together $40 of couch/car/vacuum change to make a payment WELL UNDER my minimum due, and just hope someone will hire me. I do my taxes, maxed my refund back at $1900, and with it paid this months car note plus the $100 past due from the month before. Paid partial minimums on my loan (for debt consolidation... taken out 3 years ago ) and other credit cards, literally paid what I could on each balance with just enough to spend $20 on food at the grocery store. And I just keep sending resume after resume after God damn resume. Nothing. Until I finally get a call from a great prospective employer. Initial interviews go well and I'm pending one more before it's made official and an offer is extended. I'm ecstatic. Counting the chicks before they hatch? Maybe! But I call PayPal tell them I have a job if all goes well, and ask them to review the hardship program with me and then he says that now because I have a promising prospect there is nothing they can do for me.... Yep makes total sense.. and look I get it, they want to make sure I can pay back any agreement made between us. How can you do that with no job right?? Well all I know is that I need some goddamn help and I've been a customer for 10+ years and do not have a history of missing payments and have never let an account go delinquent. They have no reason not to help me. I can barely keep myself fed, the lights on, and scrape up enough to get my car payment made. I have no idea what I'm going to do or how to manage $200 in interest with a $20-$40 payment. PayPal is useless and unhelpful. They want you to be unemployed so they can deny you a plan and then tell you that you need to get a job and then when you finally find one they say oh so you CAN make your payment! Great! Looks like your account
Login to Me Too

Wolfx400
Contributor
Contributor
OMG I am behind and I needs know what to do we are in a bad situation I didn't think it would take this long . Please don't say there's nothing they can do to help. Trying to sell my truck too! **bleep**!!
Login to Me Too

jtowe
Contributor
Contributor

I discovered this Master List of Credit Card Issuer COVID-19 Policies and wanted to share it with you all. Hope it helps you like it helped me!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.