HOW TO OPEN PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT

Jack7771
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca... DOES NOT EXPLAIN ANY WAY TO HOW TO OPEN PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT EXCEPT AFTER YOU RECEIVE MONEY

IN MEANTIME, NO WAY TO SEE ANY BALANCE ON ACCOUNT.  NEVER SAW SUCH INSANE WEBSITE BEFORE

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER WAY TO CREATE PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT?

PAYPAL SUPPORT PAGES HAVE NOTHING USEFUL ON THIS

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

AngelaMcNair34
New Community Member
I have a paypal prepaid debit Mastercard I downloaded a game I won $5.00 it came on the card I won $272.00 and it tells me it will be on another card coming in mail? What happen why is it takes forever to make and receive cash from the real cash paying games.thank you for listening and please help me.
Login to Me Too

JennieSeth
Can someone please help me cash a cheque and send it to me with a compensation
Login to Me Too

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Jack7771 

What do you need the PayPal Cash Plus for? If you are not interested in applying for a PayPal Cash Mastercard or PayPal Credit, then you may not really need to have a Cash Plus account. You can still send and receive money using the regular PayPal account or PayPal Cash account. 

Here are the differences:

PayPal account - this is the basic type. You can send and receive money using your linked banks and cards, but not your PayPal balance. This is not a balance holding account, so you can only us the money you receive to transfer to your bank.

PayPal Cash - this is the type of account that will let you use the PayPal balance (if ever you receive money for a sale or from a friend) as source of payments. Once you receive money, you will see an "accept money" button underneath your PayPal balance. Click on that and select "Keep Money on PayPal" to upgrade. 

PayPal Cash Plus - this is just regular PayPal Cash account with the addition of PayPal debit card or credit products.

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

WhiteKnight3141
Contributor
Contributor
The initial topic was how to get a PayPal cash plus account. I learned the only way to do so is to get the PayPal cash plus debit card which is easy to get or to upgrade your account to a business account and get the PayPal business debit card. You can only set goals after you have gotten one of the above debits cards as you can only set goals with a paying cash plus account or business account. Answer get the PayPal cash plus debit card. I personally didn't mind getting the debit card it may be useful but I wanted to know if I could upgrade my account by setting a goal because I wanted to use PayPal with Google pay and only a PayPal cash plus account or higher is able to be linked with Google pay.
Login to Me Too

Colajane
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so glad you understand all that enough to explain it because I am completely lost in this one. I do have a PP Cash card. O only got it because I didn't want the PP prepaid I had through NetSpend so PP sent me the cash card.
Login to Me Too

jnye
Contributor
Contributor

Can't believe how mind-bogglingly difficult this is. Been told here and elsewhere I need a PayPal Cash MasterCard (I have a prepaid card) and I'll get a cash plus account. Yet when one goes to apply for a card, one's told they need a cash plus account first. It's as though Paypal doesn't believe its own marketing and just wants to make things so difficult people give up.

Login to Me Too

NorskAkiruno
New Community Member

I'm a US citizen living overseas who was looking for a way to cash a check from the government. I read that you needed a PayPal Cash Plus Account so that you can you can use the cash-a-check feature, but when I clicked on the link to go set up that account, it said that information is no longer available. Is this type of account not available to people overseas?

Login to Me Too

daniyarj
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I'm in that exact same situation. We're you able to figure out how to open a Cash Plus account? My check came in yesterday and it's so frustrating to have it on hand and for it to feel so useless. Sadly I don't have a US bank account which I know makes things so much more difficult, I'm just trying to find a solution in this very difficult time. 

Login to Me Too

Skystar4u
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, i was wondering if you found a solution to in cash the stimulate check. I have the same problem as local banks in uae cannot in cash the check. My paypal account doesnt have that option also.
Login to Me Too

GFHill
Contributor
Contributor

I realize that this is a rather late reply, but I've got the same problem. I'm an expat here in The Netherlands and for some reason the option to Cash a Check is not available in my app either and I can't find a solution to this anywhere. I hope it don't come to this, but I'm beginning to feel that eventually those checks are going to end up in the trash can. If you've found a solution to this problem since your posting, please let all of us know. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.