HOW TO OPEN PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT

Jack7771
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca... DOES NOT EXPLAIN ANY WAY TO HOW TO OPEN PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT EXCEPT AFTER YOU RECEIVE MONEY

IN MEANTIME, NO WAY TO SEE ANY BALANCE ON ACCOUNT.  NEVER SAW SUCH INSANE WEBSITE BEFORE

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER WAY TO CREATE PAYPAL CASH PLUS ACCOUNT?

PAYPAL SUPPORT PAGES HAVE NOTHING USEFUL ON THIS

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jack7771 

You can get a PayPal Cash Plus account by applying for or enrolling in any of the features or products below: 
  • Get the PayPal Cash Card Debit Mastercard® (or the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard®)
  • Set up direct deposit to automatically add pay checks to balance
  • Set up Goals to manage money being held

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jack7771
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but HOW exactly do you set up Goals to manage money being held?

No interest in the first 2 options

Login to Me Too

WhiteKnight3141
Contributor
Contributor

Reading this your unanswered question was my exact thought before I read what you wrote. 

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @WhiteKnight3141 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. It looks like you have question about Money Goal and how can you set it up? Moving forward, for us to better assist you please include your region or country because the process or answer may vary depending on the user's country. For US account, What are Goals in PayPal and how do I start using it? You can create a Goal in PayPal if you have a PayPal Cash Plus account linked to your personal account. Goals in PayPal is designed to help you organize money in new and flexible ways. You can create sub-balances in your account to help you set aside money for specific expenses like a vacation or a down payment on a car. If you are expecting to receive a tax refund into your account, you can also create a Goal to set aside a specific amount of your refund. Goals is easy to start using. Once you have a PayPal Cash Plus account: 1. Log in and click Create a Goal. 2. Enter the Goal name and the amount of your Goal. 3. Click Create your Goal. Where is the money I add to my Goal in PayPal held? Any money you add to your Goal in PayPal is held in a sub-balance, separate from your overall PayPal Cash Plus balance. If you have multiple Goals, each one will have its own balance and you will have to manage each one separately. Once logged into your account, your Goals will show on the left hand side of the summary page. ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!**** Stay safe and take care @WhiteKnight3141
Login to Me Too

Wherearetheansw
Contributor
Contributor
Please specify where do you see a question about money goal? Looks like another incorrect posting
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wherearetheansw 

If you read the thread you will see exactly that question.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CC_ink

@Jack7771  Then, from your description, it can be inferred that one has "CashPlus" by default if account holder has a Paypal Business Debit Card and thus no further request is necessary. Or is there a step one must take to confirm the CashPlus feature is active?

Login to Me Too

Temp20210127c
Where to begin????
Login to Me Too

laurenlc11
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to apply for a personal debit card, I get the message " we can't update your account".  There has got to be a direct link or something that connects me to a PayPal Cash Plus account application.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.