Gift Aid reports

Mind_Body_EDS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - My charity is new to the site and we have a PayPal donate button on our website, which works just fine.  We've just been given an HMRC account number so can now claim gift aid - I've activated Gift Aid on our pay pal profile and I know that works (I made a donation myself to test it and it came up with the details on my personal account).  But I can't find within our Charity's Pay Pal pages any report on Gift aid donations - I know it must be there somewhere, but I just cant see it?  Can anyone help point me at the right menu?  I've googled and can find nothing.... Thanks for your help! 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

HediCR
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone ever find an answer to this? I have had three different answers from Paypal:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/8/message-id/2580#

1) The Gift Aid report is in Paypal Giving - I cannot find it there.

2) Oh you should have this and we will get this sorted - nothing ever arrived

3) It is in another organisation called 'Paypal Gift Aid' and you need to do an Internet search for it - no luck there either.

I just want to put in the Gift Aid claim and it should be so simple to just download the report of doners who added Gift Aid but where is it?

Login to Me Too

HediCR1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

This is now sorted by a friend of a friend who works for Paypal. There was an error on the Gift Aid Batch and it has now been solved. So Go to Tools, at the bottom is Gift Aid and hopefully your reports will now have appeared.

Login to Me Too

Mind_Body_EDS
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this reply - it now does work for me - I appreciate you posting this, even though its taken me weeks to get back here!  I now have the year end reports I need.

Just to clarify, you go to 'Tools', then 'all tools' then as you say, the gift aid reports is right at the very bottom of the option boxes.

Login to Me Too

EAHelen
New Community Member

There is no Gift Aid selection in the 'All Tools' Section.  Is there anywhere else this could be?

Login to Me Too

HediCR
Contributor
Contributor

Gift Aid is the final and 24th item in 'all tools' on my version. Your organisation needs to be confirmed as a charity in Tools/Paypal Business set up. In there, mine shows that I am also enrolled for Paypal Giving and I am set up for Gift-Aid.

Login to Me Too

Mark-StMarys
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to find this for weeks. The replies above (though heartening that there is a solution) don't help; I can't find tools - more tools, I'm wondering if the website has been restructured. A related question is - where do I find the options the donor chose from the drop down list of possible projects that the button designer offers. I've found PayPal's help team very unhelpful for months.

Login to Me Too

HediCR1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the UK interface has been updated and the Gift Aid report seems to have disappeared again! I will try the previous solution via my sister to the (hero) ex-Paypal developer friend in the US. 

Paypal, we really need a charity-hero within Paypal development and support!

Is the project detail you need in the CSV download? I don't have separate projects but my download has loads of blank fields. It may be worth posting as a separate question.

Login to Me Too

Mark-StMarys
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Heidi, I'm deeply grateful and pleased to hear it's not just me! I've tried all manner of downloads and no, that info about specific projects isn't there. The most important thing though is that we get to know who ticked the gift aid box, and I guess the necessary detail, so that we can get on and reclaim it from HMRC. At the weekend I did find a more complex download option (can't find it again now!) with some fields to choose from, one of which was gift aid - I was excited! - but no data was available! I will also try a new post. I really appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too

Carrubbers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.  Apologies for the basic question here - just got my charity added with Paypal.

Did this report thing get sorted for the UK?   

When you say "Tools"  I don't have a tools menu option in my paypal login.   Am I missing something obvious?

I'm in the same boat of just needing to know who ticked giftaid, so I can claim from HMRC.

Thanks.

Nigel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.