Extra payment allocated to incorrect promotion

JulieNorthrop
New Community Member
I have paid the required balance to pay off a 4 mth interest free purchase made via PayPal and it’s been allocated to another ongoing interest free offer that still has 8 months to run. I have messaged customer services and the answer I was given was like war and peace. They said it would always take the additional payment from the oldest balance, which is unbelievable, I feel like it entrapment. I should be able to select the item I wish to pay for and the money be taken against that, who ever allowed PayPal to get away with this needs to be investigated. It’s like they are trying to stop me paying this balance off so they can charge interest. I now have to pay of a further £300 that I had 8 months to pay off, in one payment just to close this awful service down. I’m been told that I will have 25 days beyond my interest free period to pay the payment, but I have little of no faith that the same will happen. I cannot believe this company has a license to deal with credit in this way.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.