Error code 50027 nightmare

jndkitty
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been able to payoff and print a shipping label for 2 days now. Pay Pal reps just keep saying it is a known issue and they are working on it! I use Safari on a mac. However trying Foxfire did not help actually could not get as far as I can on Safari.

Costing me a lot more to pay at the postoffice.

If this is not fixed very soon considering using another shipping program.

Anyone figured out a work around?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nochainnogain

I had this problem.

Turns out, when my credit card was out of date. When I updated the card info (although I'm sure I didn't make a mistake) the exp. date was wrong. As soon as I changed it the postage was accepted.

So if you've updated/changed any payment methods look at these first to check they are correct.

Then look into incorrect addresses etc. Basically anything that might be human error.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kimtown
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue and it's **bleep** me off. I have orders to get out and can't because of this stupid error code. What is going on paypal?? I've tried chrome, firefox and safari on a mac. Ugh so frustrating. 

Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred.

Sorry, we’re unable to generate your label right now. Your account was not charged. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-50027

Login to Me Too

RUGGS
New Community Member

I figured it out. It was my bank putting a hold on the purchase of shipping from Paypal because they thought it might be fraud. I got a text from my bank asking me to verify that it was indeed me making these purchases.  Just contact your bank, the number is on your debit/credit card and they will authorize the payment. 

OR
use Paypal balance to pay for the shipping. 

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

RUGGS
New Community Member

I figured it out. It was my bank putting a hold on the purchase of shipping from Paypal because they thought it might be fraud. I got a text from my bank asking me to verify that it was indeed me making these purchases.  Just contact your bank, the number is on your debit/credit card and they will authorize the payment. 

OR
use Paypal balance to pay for the shipping. 

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

AubreyK
New Community Member
The frustration is mounting!!! Is this something I have to contact PayPal to fix on my specific account or is it a bigger picture problem on their end?
Login to Me Too
Solved

Nochainnogain

I had this problem.

Turns out, when my credit card was out of date. When I updated the card info (although I'm sure I didn't make a mistake) the exp. date was wrong. As soon as I changed it the postage was accepted.

So if you've updated/changed any payment methods look at these first to check they are correct.

Then look into incorrect addresses etc. Basically anything that might be human error.

Login to Me Too

alo013
New Community Member

Getting this too just this morning.  Not my credit card info since I've used the same card 3 times in the last week for postage.  Called the credit card company to make sure the card was active, it is.  Not a browser issue, I have tried multiple browsers.

I was only able to print the postage if I changed the funding source to my backup source which is an actual bank account and not a credit card.  Not sure what the issue is with the card on file because it's been used previously with no issues.

Anyone else receive an answer when it's not the credit card on file that is the problem???

Login to Me Too

Johnnyone
Contributor
Contributor

I had a different problem.  My Paypal account payment was past due and there was a big banner on the top when I went to my account.  When I purchase a shipping label the funds are taken first from my Paypal balance and it was at Zero, so that explains the error.

Login to Me Too

adrianmesko

I am having the same problem. Its been happening for a while. Super annoying. Using Stamps.com instead. Thanks for nothing PayPal. SO much for streamlining things considering we pay you a **bleep**load in fees and you now claim that we cant get a hold of a service help PERSON because of Covid which is BS way of cutting back on services and increasing your bottom line. I'm done with PP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.