cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have to use Shipstation?

Options
kortik
Contributor

PayPal top dogs are not thinking. They make things a lot worse that it used to be. Bad sign for the future...

Options
Bradholland-88
Contributor

I checked yesterday and apparently usps announced a “temporary price increase” on postage which started October 3rd. While this doesn’t have anything to do with shipstation or PayPal, PayPal still should never have made the switch from their old method of shipping.

Options
Calculon

**bleep**station is completely broken right now. Getting errors every time I try to pay for a label. Super frustrated

Options
Bradholland-88
Contributor

Use pirateship.com

Options
kortik
Contributor

Yep, pirateship.com is the only realistic solution to PayPal self-inflicted disaster. 

Options
kortik
Contributor

This is an e-mail I've received from PP today:

"New PayPal Shipping available Fall of 2021 will support only USPS. Other leading carriers will not be supported with this launch. We are working on adding them in the future."

All right, still trying to imagine what PP was thinking about. So far, I have no clear idea. Unless PP has a secret plan to promote PirateShip.com, which will likely get millions of new customers in the nearest future, as it works wery well... 

Options
SKCollector
Contributor

Just got this same email.  I'm a bit concerned, I haven't been redirected to shipstation yet but I'm expecting it any day.

For those of you that use prirateship does this integrate with paypal shopping carts in some way?  It would be a real bummer to have to copy/paste all info for every order vs it already being present in paypal

Options
kortik
Contributor

Pirateship.com requires you to copy and paste shipping info, however it works. "New" PP arrangement for shipping does not work at all. 

Options
Bradholland-88
Contributor

While pirateship does require you to copy and paste info, if you copy just the street part of the address, in most cases the rest of the address will automatically pop up and you don’t have to go back and forth. Just by doing it a few times, I have found it to take about the same amount of time as shipstation. I have only used shipstation twice since they forced me to switch over, but I’ve tried opening it other times to compare the rates, and well over half the time I tried it came up with an error message and I wouldn’t have been able to use it anyways. Because of the usps postage rate increase, if you have any package over a pound it is cheaper to use ups, which shipstation does not provide. 

Options
crowbarpress
Contributor

It doesn't integrate with PayPal's shopping cart.  They do have a way to paste the entire address, rather than having to paste the name, then the street, then the city/state/zip.  It really doesn't take much more time than the old PP way.  One of the things I like is that you can put $$ into your account with Pirate Ship, and then print single labels, one at a time, and it deducts the amount from your balance.  This lets you create labels throughout the day, rather than having to wait and do them all at once in order to have everything in one transaction.  You can also create your own message template that goes to customers with the tracking number.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.