Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

Use pirateship.com

Login to Me Too

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, pirateship.com is the only realistic solution to PayPal self-inflicted disaster. 

Login to Me Too

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

This is an e-mail I've received from PP today:

"New PayPal Shipping available Fall of 2021 will support only USPS. Other leading carriers will not be supported with this launch. We are working on adding them in the future."

All right, still trying to imagine what PP was thinking about. So far, I have no clear idea. Unless PP has a secret plan to promote PirateShip.com, which will likely get millions of new customers in the nearest future, as it works wery well... 

Login to Me Too

SKCollector
Contributor
Contributor

Just got this same email.  I'm a bit concerned, I haven't been redirected to shipstation yet but I'm expecting it any day.

For those of you that use prirateship does this integrate with paypal shopping carts in some way?  It would be a real bummer to have to copy/paste all info for every order vs it already being present in paypal

Login to Me Too

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

Pirateship.com requires you to copy and paste shipping info, however it works. "New" PP arrangement for shipping does not work at all. 

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

While pirateship does require you to copy and paste info, if you copy just the street part of the address, in most cases the rest of the address will automatically pop up and you don’t have to go back and forth. Just by doing it a few times, I have found it to take about the same amount of time as shipstation. I have only used shipstation twice since they forced me to switch over, but I’ve tried opening it other times to compare the rates, and well over half the time I tried it came up with an error message and I wouldn’t have been able to use it anyways. Because of the usps postage rate increase, if you have any package over a pound it is cheaper to use ups, which shipstation does not provide. 

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't integrate with PayPal's shopping cart.  They do have a way to paste the entire address, rather than having to paste the name, then the street, then the city/state/zip.  It really doesn't take much more time than the old PP way.  One of the things I like is that you can put $$ into your account with Pirate Ship, and then print single labels, one at a time, and it deducts the amount from your balance.  This lets you create labels throughout the day, rather than having to wait and do them all at once in order to have everything in one transaction.  You can also create your own message template that goes to customers with the tracking number.

Login to Me Too

budman68
Contributor
Contributor

What a joke shipstation is.......I can't even get in as I keep getting internal server error webopages. Is click n ship just as good as pirate ship? More expensive maybe? Where would I input the tracking number for Paypal (as I've never done that before)?

Login to Me Too

budman68
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update, I called Paypal and there's no link to their old shipping page available. They said they are now fully integrated with Shipstation, which she confirms that is down and not working. She said they're having major issues with customers calling but there's nothing that Paypal can do since it's all on Shipstations website. Nice.........

Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

In the transaction details page, where the "Print Shipping Label" link is, click on the "Add tracking info" link, paste in the tracking number and change the shipper to USPS.  I also print a copy of the PS shipping receipt page on the back side of my copy of the transaction packing slip along with saving the e-mailed copy of that along with the transaction e-mail. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.