Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

laurjohn
Contributor
Contributor

I tried using it today and the rates are higher and there is no capability to print multiple orders at once. So frustrating! I did a chat with them and was told they are working on that. I'm not sure why this change was made without this in place.

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

I too would like to go back to the old way. When I went to print my shipping labels today it gave me no other choice but to sign up for this service. They claimed it would be cheaper (up to 66% off), would save time, and be basically better in every way. Not only were the rates higher, I had to input information I never had to before, and they do not offer UPS labels….I ship at least 1000 packages per year, and with this change I will now be seeking a new service. PayPal, if you are listening, do the right thing and remove shipstation ASAP. Shipstation is certainly going to cause them to lose business from many others who are just like me

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

Please let us know if you find a better service.  The only way you can ship multiples is if EVERYTHING weighs exactly the same, and printing labels is a pain.  I will be leaving ShipStation as soon as I can find something else.  Why people have to FIX things that aren't broken is beyond me.

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

After spending 3 hours yesterday to slog through the slow ShipStation website, I looked for an alternative and found Pirate Ship!  I used it this morning in a fraction of the time it took yesterday with ShipStation.  You can create a template with Pirate Ship and you get an option to modify it, rather than having to set up a thousand different templates for different weight packages.  ShipStation doesn't have the capability of letting you create a end-of-day manifest, either.  Pirate Ship does!

https://www.pirateship.com/

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry you spent so long with shipstation. I wish you would have seen the comment I made on this thread last week suggesting pirateship. While still more inconvenient than the old way, it definitely beats shipstation!

Login to Me Too

crowbarpress
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Brad.  I should have noted that you suggested Pirate Ship in this thread.  You're the reason I found it.  I'm getting used to it and it's almost as fast as the original PayPal shipping method.  However, I save time because I can create a template for a personal message from me that goes to the customer as soon as I send the order out.  PayPal let them know, but it was a generic message, so I always sent a personal thank you.  Now I don't have to do that.  Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

OrioleHarris
Contributor
Contributor

Note that PirateShip doesn't let you send envelopes only packages. You still have to measure and fill in the information for size and the address. Copy paste is slow. Yes they will save a template for the size package you send, but for me this is still time consuming.

Login to Me Too

susankarami
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I too went with pirate ship.  First I had to enter the weight and dimensions and then they suggested first class mail.  I knew it was first class mail as it was under 16 oz.  I miss paypal where you could just click on first class mail without bothering with the dimensions.  Also I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I paid more for pirate ship than paypal.   I just paid for shipping through pirate from my home to a clients home 27 miles away, a 9 oz package.  If I remember correctly I always paid about $3.65 with paypal, and just now with pirate  $4.34. However, I'm sure its better than shipstation from the horror stories I'm reading here.  

Login to Me Too

puciart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.