Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

Why did PP decide to ruin someting that was an attractive feature (relatively easy shipping) and make our life so complicated is beyond me...

May be because PP hates their customers? PP must fix this mess ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Temp20211224i
Contributor
Contributor
Says ful
Login to Me Too

EFC1
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree!!  It's taking five times longer to print labels than it did before.  Completely ridiculous!!  I definitely won't be using ShipStation.  I'm so beyond disappointed!!!

Login to Me Too

temp20211010a
New Community Member
Spoiler
time to move my shipping elsewhere, this just does not work.
Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

I've filed half a dozen issues with ShipStation.  What a joke!  They seem to have no clue about shipping, everything seems to be a surprise.  For example, I can't set a shipping zip code different than my return address.  I can't set a shipping date other that today.  When I don't do these things, my local post office yells at me because USPS  policy is that on-line shipping labels have the zip code and date reflecting where and when they'll be shipped.  I can't ship international via USPS flat rate.  ShipStation says, just use the "custom" option, which is ship by weight/destination.  That will typically cost more in postage than our merchandise sells for and that we've already collected from the buyer.  Can't really go back to the buyer and tell them to cough up $50 more for shipping.  I can't ship to Puerto Rico, because that "state" code is not in their drop down menu.  I can't add a message to the buyer with the shipment.  We usually send a link to the product information in that message as a courtesy. 

Login to Me Too

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

Just used PirateShip.com instead of totally **bleep** up PayPal ShipStation.

PirateShip.com is a great, very easy to use website, created by people who know exactly what they are doing...

But it now takes more time for shipping, just because I now have to input tracking #s back to PayPal to report the status to the customers.

However, PirateShip is so much better than anything else, I will now use it instead of that stupid none-functional thing integrated into PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Al172
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, very disappointed about the ShipStation switch.  Shipping price increased too much and this makes my business less competitive.  Moreover, PayPal did not offer explanations about the pricing changes.  This switch to ShipStation is not customer friendly at all.  Very disappointing decision from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

kortik
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal top dogs are not thinking. They make things a lot worse that it used to be. Bad sign for the future...

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

I checked yesterday and apparently usps announced a “temporary price increase” on postage which started October 3rd. While this doesn’t have anything to do with shipstation or PayPal, PayPal still should never have made the switch from their old method of shipping.

Login to Me Too

Calculon

**bleep**station is completely broken right now. Getting errors every time I try to pay for a label. Super frustrated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.