Do we have to use Shipstation?

Crafteey
New Community Member

I was excited to see Shipstation as a part of PayPal as I heard there would be discounts, so imagine my surprise when I made my first label today and it was .75 higher to ship!!!  Plus - it looks like I'll have to include dimensions for all packages - where before I could just enter weight when shipping first class.  

This is going to be a pain!!

Can I disable Shipstation and go back to the way things were? I'm not impressed. 

Carrie 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

forestbather
Contributor
Contributor

I tried Shipstation for the first time today, trying to create a label for the USPS padded flat-rate envelope that is $9.30 at the full online USPS rate.  Shipstation allows me to choose the padded flat rate envelope but charges $24. I tried to override or change this absurd pricing. Found the recommendation here for Pirateship and paid $8.75, an actual discounted price that is about the same as Ebay’s. Thanks, Mr. Holland, whoever you are.

Login to Me Too

mgdreeb
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely HATE SHIPSTATION!!!! There is NO OPTION in the dropdown box to ship First Class mail - you need to use the "custom" option and type in the length, width and height of the envelope each and every time and it automatically defaults to pounds instead of ounces.....there is NO OPTION for printing your receipt with the tracking number on the same sheet as the printing label.

ALSO - I now have an EXTREMELY hard time logging into my Paypal account...when I try to log into my Paypal account it automatically brings me into the "log-in" page for ShipStation and then I have to jump through hoops just to log in to my Paypal account.

WHAT was Paypal thinking when they partnered with this HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE company!!!! 

You know the old saying - "IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT" - there was nothing wrong with the original Paypal shipping...

Hopefully Paypal will get enough COMPLAINTS about ShipStation and they will get RID OF THEM.

Login to Me Too

Shpink
Contributor
Contributor

I agree the shipstation option is terrible.

Login to Me Too

Matt0088

i couldnt agree with you more. i never agreed to any subscription and they are taking monies out of my account. It was better the old PAYPAL.COM/SHIPNOW. But that is a figment of our imagination and shipstation seems to be the only way to ship through them now. I am downloading pirateship and shipping through them but have to start my customer entry all over again. Shame on you paypal now you will lose more business.

Login to Me Too

jeffhendrix
Contributor
Contributor

I have a brother QL-500 printer that I have used for years, and I just recently bought a bunch of labels for it.
Shipstation does NOT support this printer, so I will have to buy a new printer to use it.
Please go back to the old way

Login to Me Too

jengerard

Completely agree!

Login to Me Too

VespelSP22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, very frustrating. I've talked to both PP and SS at least three times about how messed up this new shipping interface is. Each time I talk to SS they say, "Talk to Paypal." When I talk to Paypal they say, "Talk to ShipStation." And around and around it goes. 

We make a small consumer product that only weighs for ounces. For six years we've used PP's interface for USPS first-class w tracking, for less than $4.00. The new SS interface does not even INCLUDE regular first-class mail. It starts with Priority and goes up from there. So now our shipping is over $8.00 per package, more than double the previous price two weeks ago. Since we always offer free shipping on our products, this is a total deal-breaker. 

Either they fix it pronto, or I'm gone. 

Thanks for this discussion. 

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

Because shipstation didn’t offer UPS labels, and the 6 pound package I was sending out would have cost a little over $22 through usps, I found a different site called pirateship. I was able to print out a label through UPS for under $14, and unlike stamps.com you don’t need to pay for a subscription. You may try them. I was able to print a first class label through shipstation earlier today, but as I mentioned it was slightly more than it was just a day ago when I didn’t have to use shipstation. Hope that helps

Login to Me Too

NICS2
New Community Member

and PayPal could care less, once again a "suit" makes a mindless decision that adversely effects the customer and we have no recourse?? close the account.

Login to Me Too

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

If you want to close the account, that is up to you. PayPal is still one of the most readily used methods of payment by people all over the world, so I feel like to close your account will hurt you more than them if you are an online business. As I suggested before, I think the best way to get their attention is to use a different shipping method that isn’t shipstation. Given enough time of using a different method they’ll surely see that their statistics were better before they switched to shipstation. Just my two cents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.