Confusing paypal email

Z33ro
Contributor
Contributor
I received this email from paypal. "We recently learned that a system error resulted in an instalment payment for your Pay in 4 plan not being processed from the payment method you selected on the date(s) indicated below. Please note this had no impact on your payment schedule or loan status. Your loan activity shows that the relevant payment below was applied to your Pay in 4 plan but funds were not deducted from your selected payment method. If you have multiple Pay in 4 plans or payments that have been impacted, all impacted payments are listed below." Now this was in regards to when I started the installed payment last month and I checked my paypal account and it said payment received and money was taken out of my account. So I don't know what to do. It saying that they will try and attempt taking payment again.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

nickgeorgiou
New Community Member

Hello, I am facing this exact issue. I found this page by Googling the text I found in my email. Like you, PayPal has claimed that they have not received the money, but I have the transaction from my bank account on the exact date they claim the payment didn't send through. I don't want PayPal to wrongfully deduct any more money from my account!

Login to Me Too

Z33ro
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! I have one more payment just before the due date that they are attempting to do another transaction. So I wonder if I pay that off, if it will cancel it out?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Z33ro and @nickgeorgiou

Thanks for asking your question on the PayPal Community, and welcome! 

I understand you received a notification that your Pay in 4 purchase didn't go through successfully, even though it did. I apologize for the concern this has caused. I suggest reaching out to Customer Support with a copy of your bank statement showing that the payment has already gone through. You can review the different options for contacting Customer Support on our Help Center here: How do I contact PayPal's Customer Service?

I hope this helps you prevent that payment from going through! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Z33ro
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I gave them a call in regards to the issue and they were not helpful, even though it says in my history statement on Paypal that the money was received by them. They told me to call my bank, I even called my bank and they also can see from their end that my money was received by PayPal. So I am not sure what to do from here.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hi @Z33ro

Thanks for reaching out with an update. 

I'm sorry you didn't receive the support you needed when calling in. We also have Customer Support options on Twitter (X), Instagram, and Facebook that might be able to provide you with assistance as well. Don't forget to grab a copy of your bank statement for proof. 

Best wishes! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.