Combining postage price for multiple items purchased

jennywrenart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me please?

I would like to know how to combine postage when multiple items are purchased and can be sent in the same parcel. 

Currently the postage charge is added together for each item. So if two items were bought the postage per item is £6.00 and the buyer is charged twice at £12.00. 

Hope this makes sense.

I look forward to any advice,

Jen

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jennywrenart,

Apologies. The Multi-order shipping link would only work in the US. @chase may have missed that you're in the UK. Sorry about that!

I think the information you're looking for is how to combine the shipping that is charged automatically, is that correct? Do you use an integrated cart to manage your checkout?

Another option would be to invoice your customer with a discounted amount, but if you want something that does it automatically, a cart solution may be needed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Chase

Hi @jennywrenart,
Thank you for your post! I understand you have multiple orders that can be shipped together. You can read more about Multiple Order Shipping here.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

jennywrenart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chase,

Thanks for your advice. Sadly the link you sent will not work for me, just says sorry page no longer available, please try the help centre.

I have tried to search multiple order shipping but nothing relevant seems to come up.

Regards,

Jen

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jennywrenart,

Apologies. The Multi-order shipping link would only work in the US. @chase may have missed that you're in the UK. Sorry about that!

I think the information you're looking for is how to combine the shipping that is charged automatically, is that correct? Do you use an integrated cart to manage your checkout?

Another option would be to invoice your customer with a discounted amount, but if you want something that does it automatically, a cart solution may be needed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jennywrenart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for clearing up the problem with the web link.

I have not set up shipping charges on my account settings.

What I have done is set the shipping price for each art print that I sell using add to cart buttons.

I also have a view cart button (I am not sure if this is the integrated cart you mentioned).

My problem is that pay pal will add the postage together when two prints are bought by the same customer, charging them double postage.

As prints do not weigh very much I would like all of my orders no matter how many items they contain to be £5 across the board. Is there a way to set this up without invoicing?

I look forward to hearing from you with more advice, I really appreciate it  🙂

Jen

Login to Me Too

jennywrenart
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

I have worked out how to do what I needed now.

Thanks again for your support

Jen

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jennywrenart,

Thank you for letting us know the issue is resolved! Have a great day!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.