Charges

Oscar_HMS
New Community Member

Good evening, 

I was doing an online purchase where I was offered a line of credit through PayPal, submitted the application and was approved. I continued to my purchase and made sure that I chose the option that said 6 months with no interest if the amount is paid in full during that time however when completing the purchase, the charge went directly to the credit card that is linked to my PayPal account which is a credit card from Bank of America.

Can someone explain the way this works? I was under the impression that the charge was going to hit my PayPal credit balance and not my credit card.

Thanks in advance.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oscar_HMS
New Community Member

I think I know what happened but if someone can guide me that would be great. After the purchase was done and saw the charge on my credit card, I noticed that my credit card was set as a preferred payment option. Would this have cause the issue as to why the charge went to my credit card instead of my PayPal credit? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.