Charged twice on my card for Pay-In-4 on mercari and the order wasnt confirmed

Aimee46
New Community Member

I recentlhy tried to buy something off of mercari with Pay-In-4. I was charged 2 times, and the mercari never confirmed anything. The thing is, on my bank account it says that the charges were there. But to no avail, I went on mercari and see nothing about an order confirmation, I had checked everywhere and no where to be found. I'm not sure what to do, if anyone can help please do because I need this money back fast. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Aimee46

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear a recent Pay-in-4 transaction isn't going quite as you had expected. Normally, when you make a purchase with Pay in 4, PayPal will start a pre-authorization on your specified card or bank account for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. Is that what you're seeing when you're referencing the two charges? 

If so, once the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization should be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified funding source. You may want to reach out to Mercari if they are still not seeing the transaction to dive into the issue a bit further. You're also welcome to reach out to our Customer Support for any other questions on this or other topics. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.