Charged twice in pay for 4

OneRose2Rule
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged twice for pay in 4 and they show up as two different transactions. I only purchased one item for the amount. Both of them say 0 out 4 and a payment is due today, however the minimum amount was taken out twice from my bank. How do I fix this? I’m speaking to the merchant to make sure I wasn’t charged twice and it doesn’t seem so. There was an internet error that told me the first one didn’t go through so I had to redo it. The time stamp from the merchant matches the 2nd attempt. Is there a way to get rid of the first charge?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @OneRose2Rule,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your bank/card. This is an authorization charge.

As the merchant only shows one transaction in their account, the merchant will only complete one order. Therefore, the other temporary charge will be removed from your bank/PayPal account. This typically takes 72 hours, however, it may take up to 30 days to be removed by the merchant. This is normal practice for online payments, so no need to be worried if this happens again.

If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

twicestan
Contributor
Contributor
Something is happening quite the same to me as well. My Pay in 4 says my transaction has not gone through, and that I need to pay but my money was already taken out of my bank. What should I do?? Please and Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.