Cashback Mastercard Rewards payout error

VAUGHN351
Contributor
Contributor

Attempted to redeem my Cashback rewards to my PayPal balance and got a red text error when clicking "Redeem". No money was sent to my PayPal balance and now I have $0.00 in rewards, as if the reward money has vanished. I contacted Synchrony, who told me to contact PayPal, who told me to contact Synchrony. I was told that it may fix within 48hrs. If the money doesn't go to my PP balance by Monday, I can't bring myself to use the card anymore.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Will it truly correct itself, or is my cash reward gone?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

caylab123
New Community Member

Similar thing happened to me. I redeemed the rewards on Synchrony's website, and the rewards disappeared ($0.00). I could't find the money on paypal and realized I needed to make a cash account to hold a balance. After I created a cash account, the paypal balance was $0.00. It's been a week. I've also called paypal, who transfers me to synchrony, who transfers me back to paypal. I'm also starting to think that my rewards are gone. 

Login to Me Too

VAUGHN351
Contributor
Contributor

I got a letter in the mail a few days ago that said they fixed my rewards. I logged into my PayPal and clicked the Mastercard link that takes you to the Synchrony page, and all of my reward cash was there including the additional amount I was owed from current purchases. I redeemed $0.01 to test it out, and it worked, so I ended up redeeming the entire amount. Hopefully you get a letter in the mail and end up with the same resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.