Cash as partial tender?

Maplesnmore
Contributor
Contributor
How can you tender cash as partial payment on the Zettle app? I don't see that as an option.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maplesnmore 

It’s likely not an option. Don’t see it mentioned anywhere:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-take-payments-with-paypal-zettle-faq4517

These are steps to accept a cash payment:

1. Add a product to your shopping cart or enter a custom amount.
  2. Tap the Charge button.
  3. Choose Cash as your payment method.
  4. Enter the amount and tap OK. You’ll see how much change to give your customer.
  5. Tap OK.
  6. If you’re using one of our supported printers, the Star Printer-MC3 Black (MCP31LBi BK US) or SML200 (SM-L200-UB40), you can ask the customer if they want a printed receipt.
  7. If they’d prefer a digital receipt, ask for their email address or phone number.
  8. Tap Done.

I wonder…within these steps, cash is selected as the payment method and it lets you enter the amount received from the customer…what if a partial amount reflecting amount received in cash is entered, what would the app do? Throw an error message?

That said, in the PayPal Zettle terms and conditions: processing one purchase of goods and/or services as several payment transactions is restricted unless otherwise authorized by PayPal.

To be on the safe side, tell your customers you can either accept all cash or call card payment on a single purchase or split the purchase up. One paid with cash and one paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maplesnmore
Contributor
Contributor

Sharpie,

Thanks for the reply but I already take cash payments. My customers want to pay partial cash then the rest on credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.