Cannot read a credit card

PushWave
Contributor
Contributor

When using PayPal Here, I get "Card Reader not Connected" message.  It used to work.   I bought a new Square card reader and get the same message.   Running an iPhone 13 with the latest IOS update.   Version 4.4.0   When I go to Support and the New Reader? and tap on it, then  after scanning, I get an error "Sorry we couldn't find any available readers.

Do I need a special PayPal reader?   The old one used to work.

Thank you,

Brian in Illinois

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @PushWave,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your card reader. Make sure that the device has Bluetooth on and that the reader is located within range (<15m). In the PayPal Zettle app, go to Settings / Card Readers to see the connection status or try to connect again. You can also try our trouble shooting steps listed in our help center article here : Troubleshooting the Zettle card reader

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PushWave
Contributor
Contributor

I am using a PayPal wired card reader.  No Bluetooth was used.    This system used to work well,  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @PushWave, Sorry for the inconvenience! At PayPal, we’re always working to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. From time to time, as technology evolves, we update the products and services we support to take into account our broader global product portfolio. With this in mind, we’re discontinuing PayPal Here services in the US and UK as we invest in solutions, like PayPal Zettle, for the emerging in-person payment needs of our merchants and their customers.

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.