Can't use Paypal credit with online purchases

melkemmer
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to use paypal credit with an online purchase from Walmart or Ebay but am not getting the option when it brings me to paypal. I tried to call paypal and see why and was told that it was flagged because of the merchant on ebay. HOwever, I use walmart and I still cannot get the option to use paypal credit. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @melkemmer,

Thanks for stopping by the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty making a payment using your PayPal Credit. Individual merchants have to opt into accepting PayPal Credit as a payment option on their platform. This could be what you're running into with some transactions. However, you may also be running into our Security System. Our Security System assesses the risk associated with each transaction and can limit what payment methods are available. To help with this, you'll want to log into the account with a consistent device. I also recommend turning your location services on and any hosting IPs or VPNs off. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

melkemmer
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried all of these steps recommended and I am still not able to access my paypal credit when making a purchase. This is ridiculous. I have tried to use merchants that are LISTED as options for paypal credit. They have even have the pay with paypal credit option!! But the option is still not there when the paypayl box opens. Makes no sense and I am just about ready to cancel any and all dealings with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.