Can't apply for the PayPal Cash debit card: "Can't update your account"

rwata
Contributor
Contributor

I got the following message trying to make a PayPal Cash debit card...

We can't update your account

We're unable to make the requested updates to your account. You're still able to use your PayPal account to shop, send money, and get paid.

I tried going to the Resolution Center, but there's no information about an account limitation there. I also use this account to sell on eBay, so it should be verified. I don't have a bank account linked to PayPal, is that a requirement to get a cash card? Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Shopnnut
New Community Member
Applying for the business card worked for me!
Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

FINALLY! Applying for the business debit cash card worked! Just so ya know- your paypal account does not have to be a business paypal account to get this card.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

Well can you please explain more in depth how? Because I've not seen anywhere on my account page or anywhere else where I can just apply for a "business" cash card.

Login to Me Too

PostDees
Me either
Login to Me Too

SusanYoung315
Contributor
Contributor
I need help viewing my Pay pal Business Routing & Account Number
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know more and how. Because I tried to apply for the 'Business" debit card and can't seem to find anywhere to do so.

Login to Me Too

ChrisReed95
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having this same problem with this service I have tried not once but 10 times and I was only able to get by once but it ended up the same way. And I also cannot get the PayPal key ether I had completely finished the process except for the phone number confirmion Requirement since it won’t let me get it done
Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

Chris- read the past posts. Apply for the business debit card instead of the personal one. It worked for all of us and you do not need your paypal account to be a business account.

Login to Me Too

ChrisReed95
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business debt card but i don't think the card would work because the application process wouldn't even let me go through with the 2 services i tried applying for. but i will try and see if i can get another card 

Login to Me Too

Buchmann233
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t apply for the business debit card as well Please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.