Can't apply for the PayPal Cash debit card: "Can't update your account"

rwata
Contributor
Contributor

I got the following message trying to make a PayPal Cash debit card...

We can't update your account

We're unable to make the requested updates to your account. You're still able to use your PayPal account to shop, send money, and get paid.

I tried going to the Resolution Center, but there's no information about an account limitation there. I also use this account to sell on eBay, so it should be verified. I don't have a bank account linked to PayPal, is that a requirement to get a cash card? Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

rwata
Contributor
Contributor

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

USA too

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if it is the Paypal business debit card,you need to have a business account.

Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

@nevadasmith wrote:

if it is the Paypal business debit card,you need to have a business account.

It is not. It is paypal cash debit card-you do not need a business account for this.

Login to Me Too

pamelarace
New Community Member

I have the same issue, choosing Personal (so not a business account), then for DEBIT CARD, then click GET THE CARD and have the same error message.... HELP!

Login to Me Too

MB34
Contributor
Contributor

No resolutions? 

Login to Me Too

Candeeleila1313
Contributor
Contributor
Same here someone please help us
Login to Me Too

BerkshireBlings
Contributor
Contributor
I have a business account, all my information has been verified and they are sending me a card swipe machine but yet they can’t approve or update my account for a business debit card
Login to Me Too

Josh1982
Contributor
Contributor
My paypal says We're unable to make the request update to your account
Login to Me Too

DrZenoh
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off the phone with them, and this is how I understood it: If you have a lot of goods and services transactions instead of personal, your account is going to automatically decline the cash card thinking you need the business card. So try requesting the business cash card and you might have better luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.