Can't apply for the PayPal Cash debit card: "Can't update your account"

rwata
Contributor
Contributor

I got the following message trying to make a PayPal Cash debit card...

We can't update your account

We're unable to make the requested updates to your account. You're still able to use your PayPal account to shop, send money, and get paid.

I tried going to the Resolution Center, but there's no information about an account limitation there. I also use this account to sell on eBay, so it should be verified. I don't have a bank account linked to PayPal, is that a requirement to get a cash card? Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same problem-trying to get the card and getting cant update your account. I am verified and have bank account.

Login to Me Too

PostDees
Me too.I'm have the same issue.And i also have bank and I'm verified. I also have Another account that I've had since forever and i had to order a new one and when i got it it wouldn't even work and still trying to get a card there now too.
Login to Me Too

SethW
New Community Member
Same issue here. Calling support tomorrow morning to see if they know what's up.
Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please post when you get an answer-thanks!

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

try linking a credit card

Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

I have a bank account and credit card linked to my account-still get same message

@nevadasmith wrote:

try linking a credit card

Login to Me Too

Sasullivan76
Contributor
Contributor
Seth— I’m having the same issue trying to get the Paypal Cash card and getting the message “we can’t update your account.” Did you call support or figure out what the issue was?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

what country?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.