Can I pay to a PayPal QR Code using my web browser?

dolly51
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community,

I need to send a payment to a paypal account that was given in the form of a qr code.

Decoding the QR Code results in the following url:
https://www.paypal.com/qrcodes/managed/f5cdddf5-be24-4b22-bb62-77de505fe884?utm_source=consapp

When I open this URL, there is no payment option in my web browser.

Based on my research, it seems like the mobile native app should be able to use this url to send a payment.

Stupidly, my App Store is not working at the moment so I cannot install the app right now to send this payment.

Is there an option to send money to this recipient without using the PayPal mobile app?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dolly51,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! If the recipient provides you with their PayPal email address, phone number, or username, you would be able to use one of those pieces of information for making the payment from a web browser.

I hope this is helpful and I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dolly51
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you for you answer. Unfortunately, the qr code is the only piece of information I got for this payment, so this does not help me in this case.

I also did not have much more luck trying the mobile app. I got it installed, but it now crashes right away when I try to open it.

What finally helped was a virtual android device that I set up on my computer.

This is very annoying for something that should be easily doable in the web browser.

From my point of view, Paypal just arbitrarily blocks to use qr codes in the browser for no reason (at least I cannot think of any valid reason).

Thanks for your help anyways.

Login to Me Too

hydraawife
New Community Member

I am in the same situation.  Received a QR code, don't have the other information. 

I am doing this as a donation, and would like to be able to make the payment semi-anonymously .  i.e similar to be able to pay a invoice link with a credit card via browser page as a guest not logged into the paypal account.

It also forces the payer to have a smart phone or equivalent as the original poster seem to be able to use a emulator.

Please enable this method to be paid via a web browser as well as via the app.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.