Best place to direct ?'s about Rate increase without explanation

soapboxcom
Contributor
Contributor

Just want to reach out to a person who can answer... rate jumped from 19.9 to 23.9...and the statement that included this information promised an explanation.

Telling me that it happened isn't an explanation (I can obviously read)--I believe I should know why--I routinely pay and use PayPal Credit, routinely pay well over minimum, great history of on time payment...four points is four points. 

Anyone got a bead on where I can get an actual explanation?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soapboxcom 

As of March 2020, the variable APR is 25.49%. Seem like to me they are making your APR more in line with the average PPC account holder which is 24.43%, just to basically make more money which is not an unusual concept if you haven’t been told a reason by now. If you have a long/good history you may get a slightly lower rate...which you did at 23-/+%. A card I had did that to me, to make it “more in line” and I have a long and beyond excellent history with em’. Everyone just wants to make more because labor is now costing more and people want raises. 🤷

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soapboxcom 

As of March 2020, the variable APR is 25.49%. Seem like to me they are making your APR more in line with the average PPC account holder which is 24.43%, just to basically make more money which is not an unusual concept if you haven’t been told a reason by now. If you have a long/good history you may get a slightly lower rate...which you did at 23-/+%. A card I had did that to me, to make it “more in line” and I have a long and beyond excellent history with em’. Everyone just wants to make more because labor is now costing more and people want raises. 🤷

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

soapboxcom
Contributor
Contributor

Kudo and accepted as solution--thank you for the reality check.

But man I don't agree with it.  Arbitrarily stacking 4 points onto an account in great standing simply means I'm inclined less to use that account.  Don't see how that's good for PPC.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.