Bad Request while trying to Paypal Credit - no help from Paypal credit - URGENT!

tomvilfroy
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to access my Paypal Credit account using Google Chrome.  I have contacted Paypal Credit dept numerous times and they keep referring it as an issue for Google Chrome.   But Google Chromes says it is NOT their issue but Paypals.  And the circle never ends.

I have tried firefox and that doesn't even let me into Paypal at all.   I do NOT use Internet Explorer due to the various issues with it alone - nor is there even it on either computer.

I have followed all of the known ways to get this issue to work - clear cookies, caches, DNS, etc.

I have cleared cookies, caches, DNS, etc etc - nothing works, same issue of a Bad Request when trying to get to Paypal Credit from Paypal home page.

Even disabled all of my chrome extensions..still unable to access.

I have tried two different computers and both have the exact same issue, a Bad request while trying to access Paypal Credit.  Again contacted PayPal Credit and yep same sorry story - "Not our problem but Google's".   

And based on other posts, this issue has been around since 2012.   (That is the oldest I found...in my search, so if it is older than that, I apologize!)

I CANNOT believe that a company would still have an issue for almost 10 years now and not done anything except "have you tried another browser..oh you have, then we can't help you" approach on the phone.   

Since Paypal doesn't want to fix the issue (but more than willing to make me do a BLIND payment when I didn't get to see the statement which was NOT sent) but also wants to tack on late fees if I do NOT make a payment in time - tell  me someone who would do that WITHOUT first seeing the actual charges?? - and like I said above, I didn't get a paper statement in the mail either.

So hopefully someone out there has the solution to this problem..and maybe Paypal WILL do something about it!!!

Thanks

Thomas

I have done EVERYTHING I can humanly possible except book a flight to Paypal's office and bang on their doors (and with the responses, I bet they probably point me to a door that no one accesses and expect me to wait!).

So hopefully someone can point me to fixing this issue.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

CeliaC88
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem for the past week.  I want to make a payment but cannot get in.

Login to Me Too

tomvilfroy
Contributor
Contributor

Celia88 (sorry if I got your username incorrect since it disappears when I reply) - this issues seems to be going on for a good few years, based on posts here in the community.

And seems Paypal could care less if you can't pay - even if it worked the prior month.   I have done EVERYTHING possible barring a complete O/S reinstall and nothing works in Chrome or Firefox.    Sometimes Firefox does work, but it is very rare - like 5-10% of the time, if even that high.

Hopefully others can reply back on this chain and maybe someone at Paypal MIGHT do something - since Chrome folks don't see a problem on their end...and Paypal blames Chrome.  I would tend to agree with the Chrome folks it is an issue on Paypal's end and not vice versa.

Thomas

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @tomvilfroy and @CeliaC88,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your PayPal Credit account. Here's all the ways to make a PayPal Credit payment. If you're using the PayPal app it might be best to remove it and reinstall it. If you're using the website you could try downloading the PayPal app. We hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW 

Login to Me Too

tomvilfroy
Contributor
Contributor

Again, doesn't FIX the issue with Chrome and Firefox.  So FAIL.  And since not just myself but other people have this same issue for the past 1-2 years, why not LOOK into the issue and fix it versus passing the buck??  So  typical of a big company - but one just has to look around for companies that thought they were too big to fail and no longer are in business.

I doubt you or anyone in your company will fix the issue, since it is a PAYPAL issue, not a BROWSER issue - so I guess I might take my business elsewhere.  And when other people do likewise I do hope as well.   

Login to Me Too

CeliaC88
Contributor
Contributor

I actually spent a few hours working on this issue.  I went in and deleted the cookies and browser history.  I have always used Chrome so tried something different.  I installed Microsoft Edge and it worked.  I'm certainly not a computer expert so I don't know if deleting all the junk worked or if the new browser worked.  Thank goodness I got my payment made. 

Login to Me Too

OCtechie
New Community Member

I have been a loyal Paypal customer since 1999 (23 years). I've had no issues until 8/9/22 when I suddenly received this "Bad Request: Your browser sent a query this server could not understand." I spoke to various reps at Paypal Credi[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]since 8/9/22 and they state this is a known issue, a ticket has been sent to IT on behalf of the callers and unfortunately there is no ETA on the debug. My only choice is to call in payments for now. This bug has been going on for over a month now and if they don't get it fixed within the next month, I'm going to close my Paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.