Available Credit on PP Credit Card NOT Reflecting

smo727
Contributor
Contributor

Question: Why hasn't my available credit on my credit card account been updated to reflect the payment if it is showing as completed?

Situation: I made a payment on 05/16/2023 online and it's cleared my bank account (the same day) and even shows a "completed" status on PayPal's website. PayPal Credit Card payment postings are supposed to take no longer than 5 business days. Now I am being told it won't reflect as available credit until 06/02/2023, a full 17 calendar days (13 business days) later, nearly 3X the amount it should take! Moreover, I cannot even address the issue via the "resolution center" because the payment shows as "completed" and therefore has no issues according to PayPal even though a representative is showing it as being "On-Hold". This is supposedly because of "suspicious" payments being made, even though it was simply my full statement balance which is what I have done since opening the card several months ago. Has anyone else had this problem?

Specific Comments On This Question: I think it is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. PayPal can hold onto funds for arbitrary reasons, then we should be able to charge them daily interest for them holding our credit & money hostage. They can take our money but God forbid if they give us any notice, any inconvenience credit/ gift back to our account for holding onto our money for an extended period of time other than it being paid in full! 

General Comments On PayPal's Processes (or lack thereof): Then when I go to put in a complaint with customer service there is no actual complaint with a confirmation number, but rather just a simple notification on the backend of a customer being unsatisfied with the issue. Absolutely no direct follow up or confirmation number. Never have I ever had to deal with such an incompetent credit card that does not have adequate processes in place for complaints, escalation, or sufficient reasonings behind issues. PayPal completely doe not have it's customers best interest in mind whatsoever and has an awful user interface experience. I see why so many people hate their cards for these reasons and I am strongly contemplating cancelling mine, if only it didn't have a negative impact on my credit or I would have done it months ago!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

smo727
Contributor
Contributor
So the work around that I have figured out to get funds released as soon as they clear your bank account that you made the payment with is to… 1. Call PayPal customer service 2. State that the funds have already posted and been removed from your bank account (FULLY POSTED AND NOT PENDING) and you want the funds added to your available credit as of today 3. If they don’t just give it to you and say it’s on hold, then say okay then we can 3-way my bank to verify the charge has cleared and posted. If they say that isn’t possible ask for a manager. 4. They call the institution you made the payment with and verify the exact charge and that is has cleared (fully posted…NOT PENDING) the account (some small companies, like credit unions, do not allow 3-way with another business because of privacy even if you “okay” it over the phone). 5. Then they hang up on the institution and should give you your money immediately. 6. If they don’t give you your money and release hold after verification ask for manager and then they will do it. 7. Make sure it shows as available credit BEFORE you hang up. I had a few times spending 45 minutes with the whole ordeal then a representative hung up on me and it didn’t go through, then I had to do it all again. Absolutely abhorrent system used to collect as much of consumer money as possible to launder and put towards other investments. But I’m not about to cancel the card which will drop my credit… smh

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @smo727,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

My apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. I understand that payments not reflecting in time would be concerning. Payments will reflect on your PayPal Credit account the same day you make them, however, will show as pending. It can take up to 5 working days for the funds to leave your bank account and be applied to your PayPal Credit account. If you face any issues with the PayPal credit payments, please reach out to the PayPal credit team and the contact options can be found here.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor
If you don’t understand the problem don’t address it. The problem is NOT whether payments have posted! It’s that available credit is completely off and well below what new and pending charges SHOULD add up to, to reflect Credit Limit. For Example my limit is $5,000 I’ve made payments of $587 this month that zeroed my balance but Still showed available credit of $4,270! After accruing reoccurring automatic charges to my card and other Amazon purchases I have a balance due just over $300 but my available credit still shows as $4,270??!! I am hoping this will be sorted out and my available credit corrected after my next statement date in one week. But what if I had an emergency and needed $4,650 in credit before that. Please answer the question. Why isn’t Amazon Chase available credit accurate after accounting for ALL posted payments and new charges well beyond 5 days after occurring?
Login to Me Too

worked12
New Community Member

I have the same issue right now. Available credit has not updated since last payment made on Nov 7th.

Login to Me Too

knowoneknew26
I’m having the same issue!! What is happening!? Did this ever get resolved for you?
Login to Me Too

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. Call Not Chat and once get human explain and tell them your credit limit minus posted charges and pending ones doesn’t equal available credit. After several lengthy holds they found an outdated hold for something, removed it and when I went back online my Chase Amazon available credit was already correct.

Login to Me Too

Joachim70
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this does work but the hold will mysteriously reappear again. I've had to call 4x times in the past to clear a hold. I'm currently facing another hold for my regular order from Chewy. No other card has this problem.

Login to Me Too

richardparris
Contributor
Contributor

To February 29, 2024 posting. I am not surprised to hear that an outdated pending transaction was FINALLY correctly reflected in your balance but then returned after undergoing the torment of getting someone at PayPal to address it. This month I have another amount not disclosed anywhere, totaling almost $100 lowering my available credit When i pay off my balance EVERY MONTH! 
PayPal: WHAT HAPPENED??! You USED to be the Gold Standard for online payment security and the best choice to use as my primary credit card. Now, you are losing our trust, you make mistakes, use telephone customer service reps who can't understand English and something, either inept, apathetical, or even unethical is going on with how you conduct business. FIX IT! You have too much competition out there for most of us to put up with this nonsense, much longer!!!

Login to Me Too

Temp20231215B
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous I made payments a week ago and I cant use my own money. I wanted to use as my everyday card and replace American Express. My money not Paypals money wont clear untilt the 25th. Back to American Express. Please explain why this happens? 

Login to Me Too

Maru_nation
New Community Member
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the exact same problem.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.