Anyone ever received update about Paypal Working Capital including Zettle payments as income ??

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor

Evening

Has anyone managed to get Paypal to update on when or even if they are going to include Zettle in the figures used to offer Working Capital.?

Ebay now handle the majority of my payments but for my retail space I use Zettle for about 95% of my takings and this is way more than I ever took through ebay but still I dont qualify

Becky

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

The latest is that it is official PayPal Here is no longer accepting new merchants and only selling readers to current merchants. So unless you are selling only online or still using PayPal Here, no loan for you. 

During the conversation I had with a rep, Zettle is going to move to immediate payments. No more deposits the next day. This might be the fix to make the algorithm approve future loans. However, if it goes the way everything seems to with PayPal, you will have to wait additional months before the account meets the requirements again. Seems maybe they should have waited until they fixed this before killing Zettle Advance.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

The latest is that it is official PayPal Here is no longer accepting new merchants and only selling readers to current merchants. So unless you are selling only online or still using PayPal Here, no loan for you. 

During the conversation I had with a rep, Zettle is going to move to immediate payments. No more deposits the next day. This might be the fix to make the algorithm approve future loans. However, if it goes the way everything seems to with PayPal, you will have to wait additional months before the account meets the requirements again. Seems maybe they should have waited until they fixed this before killing Zettle Advance.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor
Wow thats really interesting - looks to me like it is unlikely anything will ever happen again with Working Capital. Be interesting if they do move to instant credits, my Friday payments take days to reach my account- why a computer would care if it was a weekend seems a little unlikely !! Many thanks Becky
Login to Me Too

Bluesteye
Contributor
Contributor
For the last 2 months Zettle payments have been appearing in my PayPal acct within a few minutes of the transaction, Has this resolved the PayPal working Capitol problem of Zettle payments not being recognized?
Login to Me Too

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor
I'll give it a go and see Not hopeful ! Becky
Login to Me Too

davoaxoim
Contributor
Contributor

No, it seems not to have solved the issue unless the system needs to show payments for 90 days. I recently tried to apply and was rejected again even though my sales are in fact higher than last year. I'm guessing that if that is the case, it will be February or March before anyone that switched to Zettle will qualify again.

DaVo
Axiom Body Piercing
AxiomPiercing.com
Login to Me Too

Teresan24
Contributor
Contributor
I was told that because I take in person payments as I’m a hairdresser that my payments don’t qualify towards working capital as they’re not PayPal sales anymore as I now have zettle . They said I’d have to set up invoices and get customers to pay that way or through a website as zettle payments don’t count . Ludicrous 🤷🏻‍♀️ ever heard of a hairdresser giving invoices or paying through a website
Login to Me Too

Bluesteye
Contributor
Contributor
Everything has said that Zettle payments do not count towards determining loans at this time. But today I got an email reminding me that PayPal here was no longer going to be working after April 4th. But in the part about PayPal working capital I saw for the first time this statement which says maybe they are going to fix it. Note that at the current time Zettle sales are not considered in PayPal Working Capital eligibility, but we are currently working to change that.
Login to Me Too

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor

That gives me hope !! be great if they did - I always found the Working Capital a great system so I shall keep an eye out

Good spot thanks for replying

Becky

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.