Anonymous text seeking 'additional information' when applying for Paypal Business Credit Card?

acmegg
Contributor
Contributor

Applied for PP business credit card yesterday. After filling out info and hit submit I did not get any kind of confirmation screen on the computer but did get an anonymous text on my phone with 'For verification purposes, we need a bit more information about you.. [removed]

Does Paypal expect me to click a link they have not told me about in advance to a company I know nothing about and go give them enough ID info to give me a credit card?

There is no one to call and ask about this. There is still the invitation to apply on my front page of account. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @acmegg,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you're trying to get a PayPal business Credit card and I know it is concerning as you haven't received any update about the same. Please be advised that there are two ways to apply for a business credit card. Apply now or log in to your Business account, go to Financing, and fill out an application. You’ll be asked to confirm or provide some information about you as the business owner and about your business, and then agree to the terms and conditions. Once you complete your application, you’ll have a decision usually in less than a minute. Here's the help center article to know more information. Since you mentioned that you did not get any confirmation from us, it is possible that this might be due to a technical glitch. In this case, please re-apply as you still see the invitation to apply on your account by clearing cache and cookies or try using different browser or device.

Regards the text notification that you are referring to, kindly do not take any action. If you feel that the notification seems to be suspicious I would recommend you to forward it to phishing@paypal.com, our concerned team will look into it and revert back and please check this link to spot fake emails and text messages. If you need any help requesting the card, please reach out to our customer support team through available contact options on our website. I am sure our representatives will be glad to help.

Good Luck, 

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.