Accepting Japanese credit cards, with easy widget in a website

PKiula
New Community Member

I want to accept Japanese credit cards, on my US website. My own Merchant paypal account will be in US (New York), but the website is targeted at Japanese, so I want to be able to get paid by Japanese users with Japan-issued credit cards: Visa, MC, JCB. For this I'd like to customize simple forms on my website.

Questions: 

1. Does PayPal accept Japanese issued credit cards, like Square does? (I already have a PP merchant account, Square we'd have to create) 

2. Is it easy to include some PP widget in a web page? Or at least the first step, where credit card + date + CVV is asked. Square does this so well. 

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @PKiula,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! There shouldn't be an issue receiving payments from Japan-issues credit cards through PayPal. Here's a great resource on how to integrate PayPal into your site: Set up advanced credit and debit card payments

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.