403 Error on checkout/orders/capture endpoint

phifejac
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the PayPal Smart Checkout buttons and have had several clients report that they are unable to place orders with us. I decided to check this out myself and attempted to place an order of my own on my website. This also failed and when I opened up the console, I saw the following error.

Error 403 Forbidden : Uncaught Error: Order could not be captured.

I really am not sure what to do here. I double checked that I had the proper permissions enabled and was using the proper client_id for my live account. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

QuestionScout

We are having the same issue with no solution yet. It seems to be resolved when trying to make a payment with a different browser or when using incognito mode.

Login to Me Too

beanblinker
Contributor
Contributor

Does not resolve the issue for me on a different browser... not sure if some Authorization token is needed for that URL /smart/api/order/{id}/capture but it definitely isn't including one in the headers...

Login to Me Too

yabapmatt
New Community Member

We are also having this issue. Kind of unbelievable that a payment processor as big as PayPal can have a problem like this for so long. Really need a response and fix for this ASAP.

Login to Me Too

KingAfroJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I am also getting a 403 on the /capture end point.

Did you find out what was causing it on your end?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @KingAfroJoe,

I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving an error code. I suggest clearing your cache and cookies and trying a different browser. If this issue persists, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.