400 error on Paypal Credit

MagicSiebz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to access Paypal Credit through Google Chrome but for the past few months it just gives me a HTTP Status 400 - Bad Request error. Luckily i can access it fine through my phone so i am able to make payments through there but for whatever reason i cannot access it online. Does anyone have any thoughts what could be happening?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

hjxnm01

I started getting this error in Opera so I switched to Chrome.  Now it is a problem there as well, forcing me to use Internet Explorer.  I wonder how long before that also fails.  Interestingly, I have not had any problems of this nature with any of my credit card or bank accounts.

Login to Me Too

CrazyCatLady197
New Community Member

Do you know if there will be a fix soon? It happens every time I try to pay a bill/look at my account, so it's at least once a month. I have my computer remember my info, so every time I clear my cache, I have to reset the security on each website - which means making the website remember my browser again and again and again!

Login to Me Too

taxhelp

This has been happening to me for months and finally did a google search and found problems like this back to 2012 so it is definitely not new.  PayPal or Synchrony needs to fix this so we can pay our bills without going through the delete cookies every time we want to look at something.  My other cc's via Synchrony do not have this problem so I assume it Is a Paypal issue.

Login to Me Too

ittsybittsy
New Community Member

I was able to get around this by using Firefox instead of Chrome.

Login to Me Too

physco219

I have had to use Edge browser to make my payments as I get the same error. I have tried in safe mode and I have tried turning off all of my extensions it still happens I have also cleared darn near everything cache and histories and everything else I can think of and even some you cant. It still happens. I cant believe for the amount of money that is passed thru here and the amount we pay in fees and interest that they allow stuff like this to slip thru the cracks. Sure some blame is on Chrome however seeing that they are one of the top 5 browsers this is 100% unacceptable that PayPal has yet to fix this issue never mind the fact that we have had to report it in real time to even get it noticed. This is just 1 of many reasons PayPal is not the go to any longer and not the payment center it once was. I think they need a hyphen in their new name, PayPal-HasBeen. Sad to see the competition out swing out bat out run out perform at every turn. Its only a matter of time with things like this adding up (as well as customer complaints) when others start to ask you "What's PayPal? and "How or why should i try it?" PayPal its time to get off the dead horse and revamp some things. You did rather nicely with the crypto but lets fix that and move onwards and upwards.

Login to Me Too

indianafanatic
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Rachel, What is the current status of PayPal looking into this matter, now that many, many people have notified you of this critical flaw?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.