400 error on Paypal Credit

MagicSiebz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to access Paypal Credit through Google Chrome but for the past few months it just gives me a HTTP Status 400 - Bad Request error. Luckily i can access it fine through my phone so i am able to make payments through there but for whatever reason i cannot access it online. Does anyone have any thoughts what could be happening?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MagicSiebz,

Thank you for posting in relation to the issue you are having accessing PayPal Credit.

This is not something that we have had reported previously but I will ask our technical team to look into it. In the meantime I recommend clearing cache and cookies as well as trying another browser. Ensure also that there is no VPN or proxy set up on the device you are using as this would cause an error. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MagicSiebz,

Thank you for posting in relation to the issue you are having accessing PayPal Credit.

This is not something that we have had reported previously but I will ask our technical team to look into it. In the meantime I recommend clearing cache and cookies as well as trying another browser. Ensure also that there is no VPN or proxy set up on the device you are using as this would cause an error. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

jkastel
Contributor
Contributor

I keep having the same error.

And interestingly enough it only happens with Chrome, never had this problem before, until about a month ago. Right now I had it again and the phone app is good but I prefer to see it on my PC.

Problem is if I clear cookies then I will have to reauthenticate in other banks and that is a PITA.

Why is this something that cannot be fixed on your end. I mean you are a big company, You should have developers testing this all day long.

Hopefully someone figures this out

Login to Me Too

indianafanatic
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the exact same.problem on the Android PayPal app - not being able to access the PayPal credit section. I've cleared the cache and the problem persists.
Login to Me Too

ginger314
New Community Member
I'm having this problem as well on the Android app for at least a week.
Login to Me Too

cherrycakes
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same problem. Can't access PayPal credit at all
Login to Me Too

Pianoman1849
Contributor
Contributor
Having same issue have written but avoided the subject. Just get a bunch of Java script meaningless junk. I will try another browser or clear what they suggested but this is an inconvenience we should get $10 credit after all we are doing the work and it wasn't our fault. Does this on mobile app not the other even if accessed through Chrome on mobile phone go figure, but it's inconvenient and annoying.
Login to Me Too

amycarlile12
Have you found a solution? Mine has done the samething for the last couple months. I have cleared my cache like suggested and the paypal reps I have called have no other ideas.
Login to Me Too

SMDonnelly81
New Community Member
I'm curious! Same issue for many!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.