4 months interest free no longer an option on ebay?

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

Went to buy some items on eBay and there is no 4 months interest-free option just normal PayPay Credit options.

Tried on a few different items no luck, Used the option only a month ago.

Has this been removed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, as stated in another post if Google Pay shows up you are in this "New" checkout page where 0% for 4 months just doesn't show up even if you click to pay via PayPal credit, you only get Monthly offers.

However, if you say to pay through just Paypal then pick PayPal Credit you get the offer for 0% for 4 Months. It's a problem with the new checkout page on Ebay.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, as stated in another post if Google Pay shows up you are in this "New" checkout page where 0% for 4 months just doesn't show up even if you click to pay via PayPal credit, you only get Monthly offers.

However, if you say to pay through just Paypal then pick PayPal Credit you get the offer for 0% for 4 Months. It's a problem with the new checkout page on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

razer_blade_2
Contributor
Contributor

Tried selecting paypal and then trying to find the paypal credit 4 months 0% but the paypal site still only offering the interest option. 

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor
Weird, I tend to find I have a PayPal pay by credit option most of the time now. Some eBay sellers don't offer PayPal Credit and you get a warning however I have paid in bulk and it still seems to work anyway. It's a bit confusing and messy but if you just commit to paying through PayPal, you should get an option somewhere to select Paypal credit, and then have the offer to use a 0% for 4 months.
Login to Me Too

razer_blade_2
Contributor
Contributor
This is very annoying. I already bought the item without realising i would have this problem. I called up paypal and they said they are aware of the problem and it should be fixed in a few hours. They made it sound like it was a new issue when people have been complaining for months from what i can see. I have tried every what way, there is no option for interest free. Also just checked i can see no sellers having interest free on their payment options. I dont think ebay or paypal are very keen on fixing the problem if it has been this long seeing as they both have gone different ways.
Login to Me Too

razer_blade_2
Contributor
Contributor

managed to find the paypal credit 4 months option. But the current bug affecting some accounts is that payment wont go through when selecting paypal credit. Loops back to selecting the option again and again when you click continue. Paypal said they are working on it but they still havent managed a fix. 

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

When I had issues finding the 4 Months options it was super infuriating especially knowing it's still on offer but just bugged.

I do remember When selecting the 0% for 4-Months offer it looked like it loops back around but just committing to purchase after selecting the offer it still goes through PayPal Credit and you get the offer but try at your own risk and I'm suspecting your problem is different.

It's super frustrating and quite scary and unnerving using the service when it's like this, The last thing you want it to find £1,000 + Interesting for a payment over 24-Months is thrown onto your account despite asking for the 0% for 4-Months offer or worse £1,000 comes straight out of your account in bulk.

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

Yes so I have literally just encountered this, App still routes through chrome so the problem persists.

Login to Me Too

Samskihero
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, solution or pure luck!

I found clicking "Pay by PayPal Credit" then going through the steps and selecting "0% for 4 Months" made it work.

Even though the continue to payment options doesn't look selected it you commit the payment will go through at "0% for 4 Months" so long as you clicked "0% for 4 Months"

On my PayPal Credit, my Payment went through as Pay in 4

Don't try "Pay via PayPal" then select PayPal credit.. it will loop you.

This could have been poured luck though.

Done on Windows 10, PC, Chrome

Login to Me Too

razer_blade_2
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah i tried your method many times ast few days but didnt work either. Tried it today morning no luck either. I just decided to pay normally. Just couldnt be asked to deal with this. They did tell me only some accounts were affected. Or could be you got lucky. Who knows. Glad it worked for you. Maybe it has been patched since i paid.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.