pay in 3 wasn't accepted why?

Temp20211016d
Contributor
Contributor
Hi i am a bit confused about this so im hoping someone can help me? Basically ive been using PayPal pay in 3 for a few months now and ive had 6 plans at once ive paid off 3 completely and even paid them earlier! So i have 3 outstanding plans left im halfway through paying them too but when i just tried to use it to pay for an online shop of £70 its declined me? I just don't understand why i was ok to have the plans before and ive never made any late payments so why cant i keep using it? My financial situation is the same? And if anything ive proved i can be trusted to make repayments! Sorry i know it may seem like im moaning but this has been a very helpful thing for me and because i was given it without any problems and i have made sure i make all payments either on time or early i am just a bit miffed because i was hoping it would help me in future! With Christmas coming etc but now i just read i cant apply again for 35 days?! Surely if ive repayed other plans i shouldn't be declined? What have i done wrong?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20211108
New Community Member
Same here! I've previously paid mine back correctly and on time. Sometimes earlier than planned! Now I'm not getting accepted 😔
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Temp20211108 and @Temp20211016d,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent Pay in 3 application. If you apply during check out and get declined for Pay in 3, you'll normally receive an email explaining why you were declined.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.