merchant payment rejection/hold

MrrEOh
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I made a purchase using the pay in 4 payment. The transaction was approved by Ebay but somehow rejected by the retailer, per Ebay's customer service, after I had to ask. The retailer said no transaction was available. They told me I should have my money hold taken off Paypal in 5-7 days, but they didn't tell me what happened. Paypal CS was unsure of what caused the rejection, yet will be holding the approval for 30 days. After trying to get more info, I got an email from the retailer that their payment system's bank did the rejection. So Paypal's OK is not enough? Does anyone have any feedback or reasons? I'm puzzled. Meanwhile, the hold is still on. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrrEOh 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrrEOh
Contributor
Contributor
Oh my, I meant Paypal, not Ebay. So, the situation is slightly different. Sorry about that. Thanks for the reply. I just wonder WHY a large retailer would deny an approved Paypal payment. The items were in stock.
Login to Me Too

MrrEOh
Contributor
Contributor
And, the retailer said their bank made the decision. 🤔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.