charged twice for one purchase via pay in 4

temp20220201b
New Community Member

Hi, I was charged twice for one purchase (the same one). One whole amount was taken from my Bank account and other was paid through Pay in 4 system in full. The transaction wasn't pending as it suppose to be, it was physically taken and never refunded. Can anybody help me with that, where to post complain about it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kyson
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @temp20220201b,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Very sorry to hear about your charge on Pay in 4 payment. Every Pay in 4 transaction will appear in your activity feed for the full purchase amount under the merchant name as a “purchase” within your PayPal activity.  This is to reflect the initial total purchase and is not reflective of the Pay in 4 installment plan or any payments made by your specific debit or credit card.  By using Pay in 4, PayPal pays the merchant upfront and spreads the cost over 6 weeks automatically withdrawing funds based on the Payment schedule provided.  The down payment and subsequent payments will also be reflected as a separate transaction in your PayPal activity and represents the actual payments made.

I hope this information helps. -Kyson

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.