Zero-balance invoice stuck "pending".

AtthisArtsLLC
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a zero-balance invoice to show items purchased along with a credit for the full purchase amount. This invoice is stuck "pending".  The customer has no option to pay or provide a shipping address. It is stuck on their end showing "unpaid". And I cannot mark the invoice as paid on my end. If I try "record payment" I get an error saying "Payment amount should be greater than zero" and if I try applying a payment of, say, 0.01 I get "Payment cannot be greater than the amount due."

My only option is to cancel the invoice. But I need to ship the items and want the customer to have a record.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

exodusmusic
New Community Member

Yes, something changed because I am now having the same problem, I have a lot of customers that I have done this for because I offer store credit through some of my programs. It used to work just fine, but now I can't record the payment with the exact same issue you are describing.

Login to Me Too

PCHelp-Guru
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this issue.  As a service provider, when folks pay me at time of service I want to create a zero-balance invoice for record purposes.  Once I email and/or print it for them, I actually have to Cancel it, otherwise it is constantly showing as Pending.  And since I set up auto-reminders for unpaid invoices in general, they get an email 30 days later saying their zero-balance invoice is due.  Very embarrassing to tell them, "Sorry, a computer oversight - there is obviously no balance due."  And, like others have found, I cannot record the initial payment if the balance is zero.  I hope someone has figured out how to do this the "proper" way!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.