You can get £5 on us/You can get a £5 reward - Unable to claim any?

EricArts
New Community Member

I keep receiving emails with subject lines and bodies along the lines of "Here's £5 for you!", that never work. Regardless of when I click on the claim offer (could be a minute after the email appears in my inbox), I get the following message:

We seem to be having some trouble.

You may have claimed this offer already or are not eligible for this promotion.

All of the emails are coming from <removed>   (without the spaces) and are getting marked as officially coming from PayPal. All of the emails have the same sort of body, linking to https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pfs/claim-offer5-4q/na-l-cp-e 

I've been receiving the same sort of emails for MONTHS now. With a quick search of "Paypal Rewards" in my inbox I've spotted 13 emails with the same sort of title, all from the same official email, and not a single one has ever worked. I got one today at 20:24, and I opened it at 20:25, and it produced the same "you may have claimed this offer..." message. I do not recall ever claiming one of these promotions in the past, and none of the ones from the 13+ that I've received over the months have ever worked.

What is the point in sending this spam, claiming I'm potentially entitled to some money when it never works? Has anyone else been receiving these emails? They appear to be coming straight from PayPal straight, so what is going on?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Zu1234
New Community Member
Yes, I have exactly the same! There is no way of actually contacting PayPal and it is really bad customer service!
Login to Me Too

Masoud1
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same too.

It is annoying, either give us the £5 or stop sending us these emails.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.