Why isn't my pay pal charging shipping and handling to my customers orders?

BuzzJ
New Community Member

Why is Pay Pal cart not charging shipping and handling to my customers orders? Not charging sales tax for state residents either?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @BuzzJ

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

There are a number of possible reasons you are not receiving the buyers address. If you are using PayPal Payments Standards you should be receiving payments by one of the following methods:

• Using a button
  • Using a pre-integrated shopping cart
  • Using a customised cart
  • Button

If a button is created to process payments there is an option to say that you don’t need to collect a buyer’s address.

Here's how to edit a saved button to check this:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Tools icon at the top of the page.
  3. Select Payment Buttons.
  4. Click Update.
  5. Near the button you would like to edit, click Action.
  6. Click Edit button.
  7. Go to 'Customise advanced features' and under 'Do you need your customer's shipping address', select 'Yes'.
  8. Click Save Changes.
  9. Click Select Code, and then copy and paste the new HTML button code into your website’s code  

Pre-integrated shopping cart/ 3rd party shopping cart

If you are using a pre-integrated shopping cart it means that PayPal is automatically in your cart. The address should always be passed on with a pre-integrated shopping cart. You should contact your cart provider to check the details of your cart.

Customised cart

A developer has designed something from the ground up for your business. You should contact your developer to resolve the issue.

I hope this helps and have a lovely day! 

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.