Why didn't may cash reload go through?

hhh333
Contributor
Contributor

I went to a local CVS to add cash to my Paypal business debit mastercard, and added two separate $500 deposits. It's been about four hours and while the first deposit went through, the second has not. I have both receipts from CVS proving that two separate deposits were made, but only one posted to my account. I'm not sure if I've exceeded the daily amount I'm able to add to a Paypal business debit (Though I thought it was $1500 and I only tried to add 1000) or if I've exceeded the monthly amount-which brings me to another question: how many payments per month are you allowed to receive before you've reached your limit on this kind of a card, because that also may be the problem. Either way, I'm out $500 that I have proof I deposited, and if there is a restriction on my account, when the month or day resets, will the $500 I deposited, but don't currently see, post to my account, or have I just lost that money? I'd call, but it's too late in the day and the customer service chat-bot thing is useless. Help greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hhh333 

Maybe you misspoke but you can’t add money to Paypal business debit MasterCard. I see you have a personal account so I take it you meant the PayPal Cash Card. I suggest waiting another 4 or so hours from the time you made the second deposit for it to appear and call customer services if it don’t.

Monthly limit for cash loads in stores$5,000

When loading cash into your PayPal account, you can load up to $1,500 daily or $5,000 monthly. If you reach either of these limits, you will not be able to load additional cash to your account until your limit is reset the next day or next month.

For purposes of the cash load daily and monthly limits only, a “day” is defined as a rolling 24-hour period. A “month” is defined as a calendar month.

PayPal does indicate that 

• You will receive a push notification on your phone (if enabled), and an email confirming the cash has been added to your account.

Have you received either?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hhh333
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker I did mean the PayPal Business debit card, that's what it says on my card, anyway. So, it's actually more concerning that you're telling me you can't add money to them, as I did give that card to the cashier, she swiped it, treated it like a cash card, asked for my ID, input the info and the deposits went through seemingly fine. I did receive the notification in email form that the money went through and I saw that the money from the first deposit made it to my account, but see nothing about the second, nor received an email about that one.

Provided you can't add money to a PayPal Business debit card, or you're not supposed to, it would explain why the second deposit didn't make it, if there were some kind of glitch allowing the first deposit to process and post, and maybe recognizing its mistake for the second, and stopping/voiding that one. I did not get anything sent to my account saying that the second deposit was blocked, flagged, held or not accepted, just the transaction in my activity section confirming that the first $500 went through. 

I'll give it tomorrow, perhaps the weekend, but I'll be calling and figuring this out, As mentioned before, I at least have the CVS receipts showing that both deposits were separate, and made within minutes of each other. It'll be a headache, but we'll see what happens.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hhh333 

Yeah, adding money is/was not a specified or mentioned function of the PayPal business debit card.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-business-debit-%20mastercard®-faq3109

https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/makepayments/bdmc

In addition, you may set a back up funding source for the card in case you’re short on a purchase, but don’t lean on the back up source too much and carrying a zero balance or your card will eventually start declining.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.