Question regarding pending authorisation

andr3wt
New Community Member

I recently considered putting through an order, and it asked me to logon on via paypal. And I selected pay in "Pay in 4 feature." It then took me back to the order page and I decided not to go through with it. On my account, it shows "- $x" on my account but it's labelled as "pending authorisation." It also says "This is a temporary authorisation to make sure your payment method can cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Pay in 4 completes your order." 

Does that mean that this will be voided and money will go back into my account as I didn't complete the transaction?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bagram

I also encountered the same issue. How did it end up for you? Any update? @andr3wt 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @bagram, @andr3wt,

Welcome! We actually have a great entry in our Help Center to detail this exact question: Why is there a pending authorization shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction?

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.