Pending charge for unfinished purchase

Mporter8
New Community Member
So I was starting to complete a purchase through PayPal and my wifi wasn’t working properly. I left the page and proceeded to buy the product simply from my card and not through PayPal. Both purchases are now showing up as pending in my account. I only received a confirmation for my order once and even PayPal doesn’t show the pay in 4 that the pending transaction would have been from. Will it still take that money from my account? Or will this pending transaction go away once PayPal processes that the order didn’t go through and my pay in 4 was never confirmed? I just don’t want to be out $40 for an order that was never placed through PayPal!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Mporter8,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion regarding a recent payment attempt. PayPal should only complete / capture a payment where you completed the checkout experience. If you just started the transaction but did not complete the full purchase, normally you should not  see a capture of funds - through Pay in 4 or otherwise. I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.